SHURE Discussion Unit 5980P Digital Conference System
Product Code: OTC2170
SHURE Discussion Unit 5980P is a fully digital portable conference unit that can be configured either as a chairman, delegate, or interpreter unit. As default, the unit is configured as a delegate unit but the button overlay is changeable to match the desired functionality.
Reconfiguration is easily done in just a matter of seconds and the unit will keep its configuration even if it is used in another DDS 5900 system. Depending on the configuration the left button changes functionality. Chairman configuration support “Del. Off’ that allows the chairman to switch off all active delegate microphones.
The delegate and interpreter configuration support ‘Mute’ functionality that allows the user to temporarily mute his/her active microphone while the mute button is pressed down. The delegate configuration can also be changed to omit the ‘Mute’ functionality so the delegate only has a ‘Speak’ button.
The ‘Speak’ button enables the user to activate/deactivate the microphone. The floor channel is distributed through the built-in loudspeaker except when the microphone is active. By connecting a headphone the user can listen to the floor channel or one of the 2 interpretation channels. Headphone volume can be adjusted with the volume buttons.
Interpreters will always listen to the floor channel in the headphone and can select the outgoing channel for interpretation.
A gooseneck microphone (GM 59xx or GM 6xxx) can be inserted into the lockable XLR socket. The lock is accessible from a small hole beside the XLR socket with a 1.5 mm hex key. Turning the hex key counterclockwise locks the gooseneck microphone and turning the hex key clockwise unlocks the gooseneck microphone from the unit.
SHURE Discussion Unit 5980P Digital Conference System Specs:
SHURE Discussion Unit 5980P Digital Conference System is a Portable discussion unit configurable as either chairman, delegate with mute, delegate without mute or interpreter unit. SHURE Discussion Unit 5980P Digital Conference System fully digital portable discussion unit. Shure DC 5980 P Features Maximum 250 discussion units per system.
- Standard discussion unit for chairmen, delegates, or interpreters
- Fully digital audio transmission
- Daisy chain topology with loop-through connections or star topology using junction boxes
- DCS-LAN connection by use of CAT 5e (or higher) F/UTP or U/FTP cabling
- Maximum 250 discussion units per system
- Support for 4 microphone operation modes; Automatic, FIFO, Manual, and VOX (voice activation)
- Support for delegate interrupt ability modes enabling ‘ping pong’ mode
- Auto-off of microphones
- Lockable XLR gooseneck microphone connector
- 1 high-quality loudspeaker
- 1 headphone connector with volume control supporting the floor channel
- Microphone and function (all delegates off/mute) buttons
- Exchangeable button overlay for changing the button labels to other languages and other functionality
- Optional use of cable clamp to fix the DCS-LAN loop through cables